Sensor fusion mode fails: "Assertion failed: ([self.device.magnetometer isKindOfClass:[MBLMagneto.."

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 17.0px Helvetica; color: #007aff; -webkit-text-stroke: #007aff}
p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 17.0px Helvetica; color: #5856d6; -webkit-text-stroke: #5856d6; min-height: 20.0px}
p.p3 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 17.0px Helvetica; color: #5856d6; -webkit-text-stroke: #5856d6}
span.s1 {font-kerning: none; color: #5856d6; -webkit-text-stroke: 0px #5856d6}
span.s2 {text-decoration: underline ; font-kerning: none; color: #007aff; -webkit-text-stroke: 0px #007aff; direction: ltr; unicode-bidi: embed}
span.s3 {font-kerning: none}

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 17.0px Helvetica; color: #5856d6; -webkit-text-stroke: #5856d6}
span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

I have a Metawear R and am working on adding some custom code to the sample iOS app that you have provided. Everything was working well.. until yesterday - when all of a sudden i got this error - while working in the sensor fusion mode (Clicking on Start Streaming or Start Logging). 

The acceleration and gyro mode work fine. 

Assertion failed: ([self.device.magnetometer isKindOfClass:[MBLMagnetometerBMM150 class]]), function -[MBLSensorFusion performAsyncInitialization], file /Users/macbookpro/Desktop/ZFitnessTracker/METAWEAR_code/Metawear_swift_TM 2/Pods/MetaWear/MetaWear/Classes/Modules/SensorFusion/MBLSensorFusion.m, line 118.

warning: could not execute support code to read Objective-C class data in the process. This may reduce the quality of type information available.

I also tried your original code located here: https://github.com/mbientlab/Metawear-SampleiOSApp

And the app build but fails in the sensor fusion mode -  giving the exact same error in the sensor fusion mode.

I am guessing that my magnetometer is not responding (PS: I attached a magnet to the Metawear R, which I have now removed but did not solve the issue)

Thoughts ? Other ways i could check this? 

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #454545}
p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #454545; min-height: 15.0px}

Thanks!

Comments

• Did you try streaming magnetometer data with the MetaWear app?
  • Sorry , just saw this.  

Any streaming or logging related to magnetometer crashes the app.  
    • To clarify, the board was working fine, then you attached a magnet to the board, and now the magnetometer is no longer responding?  
    • Have you tried resetting the board and/or power cycling it?
    • What kind of magnet did you attach to the MetaMotion R and how?  

You can still use the sensor fusion algorithm in IMU mode however that only uses acc and gyro.
  • - Yes. 
    - Yes 

Also the board worked fine for a week and then one fine day.. 

And anything in the Sensor Fusion mode crashes the app. 

• And how did you attach these magnets?  With some tape?
  • I have the MetaMotion inside a plastic case (the case you had before the current one) and then attached the magnets with a tape. 
  • @tmalik

Could you take a couple steps to rule out firmware or device state corruption?
    1. Update firmware using the latest app store release of the MetaWear App (even if the firmware is up to date, re-update the firmware)
    2. Test Magnetometer data streaming using the latest app store release of the MetaWear App.
  • @Matt: Just saw this. And sure will do that soon and let you know. 
This discussion has been closed.