Acelerometer/Gyroscope issue

Hi, 
I'm using a MetaR sensor
It is very strange, for a couple of days the accelerometer, gyrocope and magnetometer are not working.

All other sensors work correctly (temperature, led, barometer)

I have done a reset, I tried to let the battery discharge, but nothing, still not working.

When trying to capture data nothing appears in the graph.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Can you think of how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance, 
Ricardo

Comments

• Does sensor fusion work?  How were you using the board prior to this issue happening?

Trying doing a firmware update with the MetaWear app to see if that fixes the issue.
  • Hi Eric, 

I have updated the firmware, but it still not working. 
    Any idea? 

Thanks in advance, 
  • Please answer the two questions from my previous post.
  • Hi Eric, 

Does sensor fusion work?  
    R: No, it is not working.

How were you using the board prior to this issue happening?
    R: I do not understand what you're referring to. He was using it as he had come using the sensors so far.

I have this issue only in one sensor. The strange thing is that all led, GPIO, temp are working, only Ac, Gy, Mg that stopped working.

Any idea?
    Thanks,
  • What I want to know is things like:
    • What settings were used?
    • What experiments were done with the board i.e. used in repeated free fall tests or attached to a rotator.  Please be as detailed as possible.
    • What apps were used with the board?
      • If it is a custom app, please post the code

A firmware update was just released last week, try updating the firmware to v1.3.4.  Also, try following the steps in the troubleshooting guide.

Lastly, please post the board specs as displayed by the MetaWear app.
  • Hi Eric, 

• What settings were used?
    R: Default configuration that configure the app MetaWear

• What experiments were done with the board i.e. used in repeated free fall tests or attached to a rotator.  Please be as detailed as possible.
    • What apps were used with the board?
    R: We could not use it with any board. The objective was to use the A/D inputs/outputs connecting a pressure sensor, adapting the signal (0-3V), but before that we did tests to obtain the quaternions.
    We tested it for a few weeks with the MetaWear fusion application. It worked fine, but it suddenly stopped working.

We have updated the FW, of all sensors (3), but this sensor still does not work. 
    Since yesterday one of them does not let us connect with any application, even Metawear App. Can this be related to the FW? Is there any way to install the old FW?

Thanks, 
    Ricardo
  • Did the sensor in question ever work?  If not, please contact support directly and follow the steps outlined in the last section of the Troubleshooting guide.
    http://mbientlab.com/contact/

Regarding the sensor that won't connect, see my post in your other thread:
  • Hi Eric, 

I wrote a comment in the link, to see what action we have to do it. 

Thnaks for your help. 

Best regards, 
This discussion has been closed.