Splitting sensors among multiple dongles

Hello,

My question is how do I split the sensors among the three bluetooth devices using the preloaded Metabase app on the Metahub.

I'm logging on 5 sensors and then download it. The issue is that downloading the data off 5 sensors takes a while and I was wondering if it could be sped up by using USB dongles. I've got two USB dongles plugged in (the ones supplied with the hub) and they show up as UP in hciconfig. Despite that, they remain unused when both starting the logging process and downloading the data.

Thanks

Comments

• Set the NOBLE_HCI_DEVICE_ID env variable to the hci adapter number of the dongle to use, before executing MetaBase. You'll need to either setup separate config files or use the command line options to pair different groups of devices with each dongle.

For simplicity, you can write a simple wrapper script that will set the env var before calling MetaBase.

• @Eric said:
    Set the NOBLE_HCI_DEVICE_ID env variable to the hci adapter number of the dongle to use, before executing MetaBase. You'll need to either setup separate config files or use the command line options to pair different groups of devices with each dongle.

For simplicity, you can write a simple wrapper script that will set the env var before calling MetaBase.

Could you please provide an example?

• @devedag said:

@Eric said:
    Set the NOBLE_HCI_DEVICE_ID env variable to the hci adapter number of the dongle to use, before executing MetaBase. You'll need to either setup separate config files or use the command line options to pair different groups of devices with each dongle.

Example of what specifically? Which part of my post is unclear to you?

• @Eric said:

@devedag said:

@Eric said:

I want to run one MetaMotionR with the BLE dongle and my second MetaMotionR with the built in BLE hardware of the Raspberry. In my understanding, setting the (global?) variable NOBLE_HCI_DEVICE_ID lets me record BOTH sensors either with the dongle or with the built in hardware? How can I split the pairing?

• @devedag said:

@Eric said:

@devedag said:

@Eric said:

I want to run one MetaMotionR with the BLE dongle and my second MetaMotionR with the built in BLE hardware of the Raspberry. In my understanding, setting the (global?) variable NOBLE_HCI_DEVICE_ID lets me record BOTH sensors either with the dongle or with the built in hardware? How can I split the pairing?

https://github.com/noble/noble#multiple-adapters

That is an environment variable, not global variable.

This discussion has been closed.