Correct procedure for starting to log sensor fusion data on a timer (APIv3)

Hello,

Could you please clarify the order in which we should send commands for the new API v3 to start logging quaternions from the sensor fusion signal? Previously in the old API I understood that when the sensor fusion mode was set, the current sensor orientation was set to the reference position, or [1 0 0 0]. With the new API I am a little unsure which calls I should be making ahead of time when the sensors are physically in the home position and which ones I should make when I want to start logging data (when the sensors have moved but I still want to measure relative to the reference). If this information is posted somewhere for the sensor fusion algorithm data logging and I have repeated my question, I would be grateful if you could link me to that.

Thank you.

Comments

• So just to clarify, the commands mbl_mw_sensor_fusion_set_mode and mbl_mw_sensor_fusion_write_config should both be called when the sensor is in the physical home position I want to be [1 0 0 0] and then the sensor will move and when I call mbl_mw_sensor_fusion_start the sensor fusion algorithm will produce the data signal relative to where the sensor was at the point that mbl_mw_sensor_fusion_write_config was called?

• @Riley said:
    So just to clarify, the commands mbl_mw_sensor_fusion_set_mode and mbl_mw_sensor_fusion_write_config should both be called when the sensor is in the physical home position I want to be [1 0 0 0] and then the sensor will move and when I call mbl_mw_sensor_fusion_start the sensor fusion algorithm will produce the data signal relative to where the sensor was at the point that mbl_mw_sensor_fusion_write_config was called?

Yes

This discussion has been closed.