MetaMotionR logging beyond 800Hz on Accelerometer?

I noticed on the specification sheet for the MetamotionR, that the OEM parts indicate that the maximum data logging rate for the chip is 1600Hz (1.6kHz). Is it possible to achieve this rate? I understand that through the Metabase app, only up to 800Hz can be achieved. I am assuming that these are limits imposed by bluetooth or wifi protocols, though I would appreciate clarification.

In addition, how would the onboard memory of the device be utilized? It appears that the Metabase app does not use the onboard memory to generate the data. Am I missing something?

Are these issues solvable by creating our own app that defines the operation/protocol of the data logging behaviors of the device? I am primarily interested in the Accelerometer.

Comments

• @asuStudent said:
    I noticed on the specification sheet for the MetamotionR, that the OEM parts indicate that the maximum data logging rate for the chip is 1600Hz (1.6kHz). Is it possible to achieve this rate? I understand that through the Metabase app, only up to 800Hz can be achieved. I am assuming that these are limits imposed by bluetooth or wifi protocols, though I would appreciate clarification

You can but it is not recommended, hence not permitted in MetaBase. If MetaBase is not suited for your use case, then you will need to create your own app tailored to your usage.

In addition, how would the onboard memory of the device be utilized? It appears that the Metabase app does not use the onboard memory to generate the data. Am I missing something?

MetaBase either stores the data to the flash memory or streams it live to a host device

• Thank you for your response, Eric.

MetaBase either stores the data to the flash memory or streams it live to a host device

If possible, could you please direct me towards a resource that explains how the flash memory is used? The MetamotionR chip has 8MB of onboard memory but I have been able to collect data files >8MB no matter what combination of settings I use in Metabase. Did I miss something? I have struggled to find coverage of this in documentation and tutorials.

• The flash memory stores the sensor data. Its capacity has no relevance with file sizes.

This discussion has been closed.