Simultaneous logging and streaming data

You state that "simultaneously streaming and logging data is not a recommended use case" - is it impossible?(https://mbientlab.com/community/discussion/1374/logging-accelerometer-and-gyro-simultaneously).

I need 30s + of high speed data from gyro, accelerometer and fusion, at 200 samples/s, so streaming is not an option. I would like to also have some low-rate (20 samples/s would be sufficient) streamed data from the sensor to confirm to the user that the device and software are working correctly during data capture. Is there a way of achieving this?

Comments

• @Ben said:
    I need 30s + of high speed data from gyro, accelerometer and fusion, at 200 samples/s, so streaming is not an option. I would like to also have some low-rate (20 samples/s would be sufficient) streamed data from the sensor to confirm to the user that the device and software are working correctly during data capture. Is there a way of achieving this?

Yes though sensor fusion only outputs data at a max of 100hz.

• Thanks Eric - I should have checked that! Fusion at 100 is fine if I can still get raw IMU data at 200.

I should also have phrased my question more carefully - does "yes" mean "yes, it's possible" or "yes, it's impossible" to simultaneously stream (low data rate) and log (high data rate).

• Yes it's possible

This discussion has been closed.