Streaming and Bluetooth

Is it possible to stream Euler angles and Corrected Acceleration at the same time with MetamotionR?

Also is there any plan to upgrade MetaMotion to Bluetooth 5? If so, will there be a firmware update or i will need to buy a new sensor?

Comments

• Update: I think that it is not possible to stream euler and corrected acceleration from sensor module due to the fact that BLE has limit 100Hz. Can i reduce the frequency to 50Hz for both outputs?

The problem is that i have a sensor attached to a body part and i want to capture angles and angular velocity. What's the best way to collect such information from only one MetaMotionR?

• edited July 2019

Is it possible to stream Euler angles and Corrected Acceleration at the same time with MetamotionR?

No but you can use the fuser and do euler + regular acc

Also is there any plan to upgrade MetaMotion to Bluetooth 5? If so, will there be a firmware update or i will need to buy a new sensor?

We are planning a firmware upgrade to BLE 5 later this year. We are waiting to release so that more devices on the market support ble5 and so that the stack is relatively stable.

• Update: I think that it is not possible to stream euler and corrected acceleration from sensor module due to the fact that BLE has limit 100Hz. Can i reduce the frequency to 50Hz for both outputs?

You might be able to push 120Hz (100Hz acc + 20Hz acc) on a Linux device. Otherwise play with our fuser and apis to downsample accordingly. The sensor fusion from BOSCH only allows one output at a time so it is not possible to stream both euler and gravity free acceleration.

The problem is that i have a sensor attached to a body part and i want to capture angles and angular velocity. What's the best way to collect such information from only one MetaMotionR?

Stream euler + gyro and you will be good to go.

• Thank you Laura!