Is data_fuser.py supposed to work with the MetaTracker?

I'm getting the error "OSError: exception: access violation reading 0x0000000000000000" when I try to run data_fuser.py. Here's the stack:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\USER\source\repos\PythonApplication2\PythonApplication2\data_fuser.py", line 64, in
s.setup()
File "C:\Users\USER\source\repos\PythonApplication2\PythonApplication2\data_fuser.py", line 40, in setup
libmetawear.mbl_mw_datasignal_subscribe(self.processor, None, self.callback)
OSError: exception: access violation reading 0x0000000000000000

Using: MetaTracker
Model Number: 4
Firmware: 1.3.6
Hardware: .2

Device: Lenovo Thinkpad w541

Thoughts?

Comments

• data fuser is not supported on metatracker

• Hi Eric,

Thanks for the response, I have the same error with my Windows 10 HP laptop and metatracker. The example data_fuser.py it gives an error indicating that the pointer self.processor is Null/None. The problem seems to come from the function libmetawear.mbl_mw_dataprocessor_fuser_create. The gyro seems to be working correctly, and the hardware seems to be working also (I manually reset the sensor - took the battery out and pushed the reset button). Another confirmation that it seems that the function libmetawear.mbl_mw_dataprocessor_fuser_create is causing the problem, is that another example file called data_processor.py has the same class and function organization, except it uses the function libmetawear.mbl_mw_dataprocessor_average_create instead of libmetawear.mbl_mw_dataprocessor_fuser_create. When I run data_processor.py it works correctly.

Is there a workaround for this with the metatracker? Is there a way to stream both the acceleration and gyro data with the metatracker?

Many thanks!

• @j622amilah said:
    Is there a workaround for this with the metatracker? Is there a way to stream both the acceleration and gyro data with the metatracker?

Subscribe to both acc and gyro signals.

• Thank you Eric! :) That works!