Data_Fuser Errors

Hello,

I have recently started working with the MetaMotionR. I was trying to incorporate the data_fuser.py tutorial on Github so that I could log both gyro and acceleration data, but for some reason when using the tutorial code, it runs for a while before I receive the following error, which crashes the program:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "_ctypes/callbacks.c", line 232, in 'calling callback function'
File "C:\Users\gojiman23\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\mbientlab\metawear\metawear.py", line 237, in _write_gatt_char
self._write_char_async(False)
File "C:\Users\gojiman23\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\mbientlab\metawear\metawear.py", line 229, in _write_char_async
next[0].write_without_resp_async(next[1], completed)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'write_without_resp_async'

Has anyone experienced this before or have possible solutions to this issue?

Comments

• Hello Eric, Here is some of the missing information from my earlier post:

Using: MetaMotionR
    Model Number: 5
    Firmware: 1.4.4
    Hardware: 0.3

Device: Lenovo ideapad 310

Any suggestions for how to fix this?

• Please provide all information requested by the "How To" thread.

• Board Information:
    Using: MetaMotionR
    Hardware: 0.3
    Firmware: 1.4.4
    Model Number: 5

Host Model:
    Device: Lenovo ideapad 310

Description:
    Expected behavior is to run full program to completion, streaming both acc and gyro data.
    The observed behavior is that the program occasionally crashes and throws the below error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "_ctypes/callbacks.c", line 232, in 'calling callback function'
    File "C:\Users\gojiman23\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\mbientlab\metawear\metawear.py", line 237, in _write_gatt_char
    self._write_char_async(False)
    File "C:\Users\gojiman23\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\mbientlab\metawear\metawear.py", line 229, in _write_char_async
    next[0].write_without_resp_async(next[1], completed)
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'write_without_resp_async'

Sometimes it runs to completion, but this happens inconsistently and I often get the above error.

The steps I take are to run "python data_fuser.py".

Metabase:
    I have sent diagnostic reports and data from a test run to hello@mbientlab.com

SDK:
    I am using the Metawear Python SDK cloned from github and running in the file data_fuser.py in Visual Studio Code.

• @gojiman23 said:
    The observed behavior is that the program occasionally crashes and throws the below error:

• What is the script/board doing when it crashes?
    • Do you see this behavior on other windows devices and/or other bt adapters?