Data from sensors during the same task are different lengths?

Hi all,

I had a general question for which I am hoping there is a simple solution. I am currently using three sensors attached to a dummy to represent in areas that would correspond to the manubrium, 10th thoracic vertebrae (T10) and 1 sacral vetebrae (S1). The purpose is two-fold: 1) to simulate trunk flexion/extension, lateral bend and axial rotation, and 2) to compare the accuracy of the Metamotion R sensors to our current motion capture system. I have grouped these three sensors under Trunk, and collect data in both quaternion and Euler angles (100Hz - in Metabase). Despite all the sensors running at the same time, for the same length of time, and at the same frequency, they all collect different lengths of data. So my questions are as follows:

1) what is causing this to be the case. Since all the sensors are doing essentially doing the same task, for the same length of time and collecting at the same frequency I would assume that the data would all be the same length?

2) is there a way to remedy this that isnt' pre-analysis data interpolation?

Keep in mind I am using the native MetaBase app, and do not have any experience coding an app.

Thanks

• Kui

Comments