Change/Cancel streamed or logged columns in the CSV

Hi

Is there an easy way to change the columns in an easy way (maybe command line in Metahub)?
For example in Euler Angles leave the heading out. Yaw is already there...
Elapsed Time is also something we normally do not need.

If its not easy to do - Is it possible with a custom app?

The idea would be to save space for logging and dont write stuff not needed for analyzing (epoch, elapsed, heading, ...)
Maybe even drop 1 or 2 digits behind the comma.

Thanks in advance for the info.
goam

Comments

• edited February 2020

Hi @goamberg,

You would have to make your own app to do this.

Please note this has nothing to do with logging space in the device memory. Logging data in the memory of the sensor is done in a custom way (has nothing to do with CSV files and headers). If you are talking about saving space on the metahub itself, you are talking a few KBs here and there which is useless.

• I guess I know what you mean.
    They are written directly and quick from the sensors and there is nothing in between that could "curate" what is actually logged.
    Then the download translates this to a CSV.
    Is that somewhat accurate?

But it would be more than a few KBs. When editing the CSV files to the level I actually need them, they are about 50-&60% smaller.

Anyway...
    Many thanks for the info

• @goamberg,

Is that somewhat accurate?

yes that is accurate.

But it would be more than a few KBs. When editing the CSV files to the level I actually need them, they are about 50-&60% smaller.

again this is on the API, phone side so you can write your own App to deal with the few KBs you want to kill.

• Got it.
    Again, thanks a lot, this clears things up

Goam