BLE Issue with windows 10

Hi Laura,
I have developed an application using metamotion R sensors.
The only problem is the BLE connectivity using metamotion R sensors with windows 10 PC.
Is it possible to update firmware without app, only using windows PC.
Please suggest !!!
Your help is really appreciated and is the need of the hour.

Comments

• You can update using our Python script for windows. We have a Python update script.
    The iOS and Android App are still the best and easiest way to go.

• Thank you very much!!
    with firmware update, issues regarding with BLE connectivity will solve.
    Kindly suggest.

• @Laura said:
    You can update using our Python script for windows. We have a Python update script.
    The iOS and Android App are still the best and easiest way to go.

Hey Laura,

We are trying to make 6 sensors working together with windows 10 to track human motion. However, we can't connect all 6 sensors simultaneously since the Bluetooth dongle limitation on windows (only support one Bluetooth dongle, we need two). Is there a solution to this?

Thanks in advance.

• edited December 2020

Windows doesn't support more than 1 BLE dongle/antenna and almost all dongles/antennas don't support more than 3 connections.

What you are trying to do is outside the realm of possibility with Windows.

You should be using Linux.

In fact, we are going to stop supporting Windows altogether in 2021.

• Hi Laura,

I was able to solve our windows 10 bluetooth connectivity issue by using a monoprice usb3 active cable and a bluetooth dongle (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089NTWC4N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). Never had a problem since with any connectivity issues between the windows 10 machine and your sensor. We use your IMU sensor along with virtual reality headsets that have their own bluetooth transmitters/receivers in sport training applications where the user is typically ~10 feet from the machine. It is a shame that your are giving up on windows 10.

• Thanks for the update @vr_user, glad everything is working.
    For now we lack manpower to support Windows "officially". I will see what I can do "unofficially".