Data logging with MetaBase running on iPad (8th gen), iOS 15.4.1

I have two MetamotionRL sensors made into a group and I use MetaBase on ipad for acquisition. I have two issues I would like to ask about:

1. The streaming function works ok though occasionally the connection is interrupted. Are the frames acquired when the connection was lost streamed later when it gets back on or are they lost? Does the device on which MetaBase is running has to be within a certain range, i.e. the same room in a house?
  2. I cannot seem to be able to get the logging function to work. I choose the settings as in the tutorial, and then when I hit the start button it pops up a message "Programming" and just stalls there. I had it run for 15 hours and it didn't progress from that point, so I am assuming that could be down to a software issue. See also the picture I am attaching.

Comments

1. It depends on the what's in the room but usually you get about 30ft of range if there are no obstacles. You can always log if need be.
    2. What is your logging setup?
  • Thank you Laura. My configuration is an in the attached photo: accelerometer at 12.5 Hz [16 Gs scale], ambient light at 0.5 Hz, Gyroscope at 25 Hz, magnetometer at 10 Hz, pressure at 0.25 Hz etc.

I have now also tested the sensors, same configuration, with an Android version of MetaBase from my phone. Streaming works fine, logging does not. It configures one of the two sensors in the group and pops an error message saying "the session has been cancelled because the app failed to configure" the other sensor.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

@Laura said:
    1. It depends on the what's in the room but usually you get about 30ft of range if there are no obstacles. You can always log if need be.
    2. What is your logging setup?

• @nickp On the diagnostic page for a sensor there is an option to issue a soft reset to the device. This will clear the present state and typically resolves issues with configuration. Give that a try and let us know if it resolves the issue.

• HI Matt, Is there new SDK releases for IOS 16/17 or any new Firmware releases?