Firmware v1.3.3 [MetaMotion Only]

edited January 2017 in Firmware
Firmware on the v1.3 is currently only for MetaMotion boards.  You will need to use the latest APIs (iOS v2.8.0, Android v2.8.0 or v3.0.0-beta03, or C++ v0.7.0) to use the features provided on this release branch.

v1.3.3
  • Improved battery life for MetaMotion boards
v1.3.2
  • Added support for full sensor fusion output to be used with the time filter
    • Provides users with a way to control the output data rate of sensor fusion data
  • Added power and battery charging status notifications
  • Fixed issues interrupts on the BMI60 IMU
v1.3.1
  • Addresses a critical bug on MetaMotion boards that occured when streaming accelerometer, gyro, and magnetometer data simultaneously.  
v1.3.0
  • Add sensor fusion library to the firmware

Comments

• Great news. Unfortunately, there is no option to download and install using the Metawear App (iOS). How do we actually install v1.3?
  • edited November 2016
    The iOS app should automatically update the board once it detects the firmware is out of date.  What happens when you connect with your board?
  • Hi Eric,

The iOS app has NEVER automatically updated my boards. It does show under "Check for Firmware Updates" either "Up To Date" or "Updates Available" and gives me the option to update by pressing "Update Firmware". At present, the app shows only "Up To Date" indicating that the app is not aware of any updates. My current FW Rev is 1.2.5. As noted above, I tried to manually check the existence of the firmware bin files by reconstructing the URLs the same way the API does and I cannot find 1.3.0 firmware.

Can you help?

Thanks. 
  • Here's a pic of the Metawear iOS app and how it's not showing any firmware update options.
  • You can now update to this firmware now with the current iOS app.  There is an app update pending approval that adds support for the sensor fusion data and once the app is live, you will need to use that release to update to this firmware and use sensor fusion features.
  • edited November 2016
    Thanks, I've successfully updated to the new firmware. Euler angles work great. Unfortunately, I don't get any updates from the Quaternion data ready event. Can you please take a look at this?
  • Thanks, I've successfully updated to the new firmware. Euler angles work great. Unfortunately, I don't get any updates from the Quaternion data ready event. Can you please take a look at this?
  • Hi again, sorry, I am getting quaternion data now. I had to do a soft reset first.
  • Firmware v1.3.1 has been released to address a critical bug with v1.3.0 release.  See OP for specifics.
  • Got it, updated now. Thanks Eric.
  • Hi @biofeedbackuwa, just wanted to ask you, what did you do to update to v1.3.1? 

Unfortunately the latest version I'm getting is the 1.2.5 by pressing "update firmware" through the MetaWear App on iOS and it also shows that the firmware is Up To Date as you mention in one of your previous posts :(
    Am I doing something wrong? 

• Hi, 

I used the Metawear iOS app as normal. Perhaps you're not using the latest version of the app? The updates weren't available until yesterday. Perhaps try again. Also, are you using a MetaMotion board?
  • Firmware v1.3.2 has been released for MetaMotion boards, check first post for details.
  • Firmware v1.3.3 is now available, check first post for details.
  • Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge it will not update automatically. You have to check for the availability of new update. In my case I tried to manually check
    the existence of the firmware bin files by reconstructing the URLs the
    same way the API does and I cannot find 1.3.0 firmware.
  • Both iOS and Android APIs provide methods that check if a firmware update available for the specific board.
This discussion has been closed.