C++ API v0.7.14

edited February 2017 in C++
v0.7.14
  • Fixed a crash from serializing a logger for a readable data signal
  • Fixed bug when initializing the API with a board whose firmware differs from the last seen revision by the API

v0.7.10
  • Fixed an incorreect function definintion with the C# wrapper
  • Updated API to support firmware v1.3.2 features

v0.7.4
  • Fixed crash caused by serializing/deserializing the MblMwMetaWearBoard object

v0.7.4
  • Adds support for the sensor fusion algorithm on the MetaMotion boards
  • Expands the magnetometer API to allow manual sensor configuration

Comments

• A bug fix for the v0.7 branch has been released (v0.7.4).  See OP for details.
  • Hi Eric,

I made modifications in my C# project (which is basic, it acquires and relays data) to compatible with the new MetaWear.WinRT v0.7.4. While it compiles without problems, an Exception is throwm 'System.AccessViolationException' and the program finishes. As far as I understand my problem in in mbl_mw_datasignal_subscribe(accSignal, accDataHandler); My DeviceSetup.xaml.cs file is in this link: https://github.com/rcassani/MetaWear-UWP-Streamer/blob/mbientlab-master/UWP%20Streamer/DeviceSetup.xaml.cs
    • Was the code working with an earlier version of the api?
    • How long does it take before the program crashes?
    • Which line causes the crash?
  • 1. Yes, it was working, I was using MetaWear.WinRT 0.5.22

2. The code crashes when I press the Start button in my program

3. In this line mbl_mw_datasignal_subscribe(accSignal, accDataHandler);
    The details of the System.AccessViolationException are:

System.AccessViolationException was unhandled
      HResult=-2147467261
      Message=Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
      Source=MetaWear UWP Streamer
      StackTrace:
           at MbientLab.MetaWear.Functions.mbl_mw_datasignal_subscribe(IntPtr signal, Fn_IntPtr received_data)
           at MbientLab.MetaWear.Template.DeviceSetup.accStart_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
      InnerException:

Thanks for your help

• The crash was an issue with the starter project that has been fixed with the commit a08ccda.  Update your fork with the latest changes on the master branch.
  • Thanks, that solved the issue
  • C++ API v0.7.10 has been released, see first post for details.
  • C++ API v0.7.14 is available, see first post for details.
This discussion has been closed.