How to Read Changes in Orientation?

Hello all. I'm a first timer here and am looking forward to building with my MetaMotionR board!

I'm trying detect when the board rotates outside of a set range (e.g. +-15 degrees) in one direction (Yaw) however I don't really know how to do this.

I assume I should use Sensor Fusion to combine accelerometer and Gyro but I tested all 4 modes and 4 Output types with the same physical test but cannot make any sense of the csv data and don't know what I'm looking at/for (there were no headers nor documentation I could find on the csv format).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Post the CSV data and describe in detail your test methodology.  Also include the code you are running.
  • Thanks for the reply Eric.

I'm just using the MetaWear App for now but I think I figured it out using a new experiment. 

I put the MetaMotionR on center of a spinning record player (battery side down) then streamed the data until I saw some graphs that made sense... which looks like NDof + Euler.

When I exported the data I could see that it was Columns D and E (duplicate) that changed form 0 to 360... so that's it.. yee haw for my "yaw"! ;)

Now I move on to the coding and figuring out how to read this on my app
This discussion has been closed.