Pairing metawear

can i pair metawear with my android device?
because when i try, its shows "pairing rejected by Metawear"
i want to pair because, it takes lot of time to reconnect normally. in general once pairing is done re-connection is much faster.

Comments

• No, you cannot.

• ok there is no way i can pair metawear with android phone.
    can i somehow reduce the time it takes to reconnect, after disconnect it calls scanner method and then connection happen this process takes time.

• Why are you doing a scan before reconnecting? You already have the MetaWear and BluetoothDevice objects.

• okay.I am calling attemptReconnect() method on onServiceDisoconnect

@Override
    public void onServiceDisconnected(ComponentName name) {
    attemptReconnect();
    }
    but reconnection takes a long time.

• edited March 2018

Why are you calling attemptReconnect in the onServiceDisconnected callback function?

Follow how the sample app handles reconnects.

• edited March 2018

Okay let me try

• following sample code where attemptReconnect is called

@Override
        public void onServiceConected(ComponentName name, IBinder service){
        mwBoard=((BtleService.LocalBinder)service).getMetaWearBoard(btDevice);
        mwBoard.onUnexpectedDisconnect(status -> attemptReconnect());
        }

re-connection should happen automatically after disconnect.
    many times device goes out of the range and should be able to connect itself when board comes back in the range.
    I try find reconnect code in sample app, i could find that attemptReconnect is only called.

• Hi All (and Eric, especially, as they told me your are the Android tab expert),
    I have two MetaWearRG boards. The one I bought 5 years ago works fine with two Android tablets, a Huawei tablet running Android 6 and an older Samsung Tab3 running Android 4.4. The newer RG, bought less than a year old, runs only with the older tablet/Android version. By run, I mean pairs, connects to Metabase for diags, etc. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Steve

• edited March 2018

Pairing is not needed to use the boards and it is not a recommended use case. We had experimented with bonding before (hence needing pairing) but we don't officially support either.

• Hi Eric,
    I'm not sure if your last comment was in response to my question. Pairing is not an issue. The short version is that my newer Android tablet does not work with my newer RG.
    Steve

• edited March 2018

@StevenWoodward said:
    Hi Eric,
    I'm not sure if your last comment was in response to my question. Pairing is not an issue. The short version is that my newer Android tablet does not work with my newer RG.
    Steve

If you do not have issues with pairing, then create a new thread detailing your problem; do not hijack existing threads.

Given that you stated your use case involves pairing, stop pairing the devices and simply connect to them.

• Sorry not to be hip to the forum norms, Eric. Didn't mean to "highjack" anything. I was referred to you by the "non-technical" respondent to the contact sheet. Just trying to figure out how to get a response to my question.

This discussion has been closed.