Read GPIO from MetaBase

Hi,

Just got the MetaWearC modules and i have a question about them as am new to the system.

I tested out the MetaBase app on the Hub and i get how to read the onboard sensors as well as get their log files.

My questions however is, are there any configurations for the MetaBase software which would read the GPIO values as well being Analog or just ON/OFF? I want to be able to read the Accelerometer as well as few other sensors but for me most importantly is to read the GPIO signals as i need to connect few Limit switches and Analog sensors to them.

So without going into coding, can i just read the values on the GPIO's through MetaBase?

Comments

• @fgcity said:

My questions however is, are there any configurations for the MetaBase software which would read the GPIO values as well being Analog or just ON/OFF?

No, MetaBase does not use GPIO pins.

• Very well,

Then are there any examples on recreating the same Realtime Graph as MetaBase as well as sending and logging the internal sensor data as well as the GPIO data? In essence is the source code for MetaBase available and are there any examples on how to recreate the same Realtime Graph as on MetaBase?

• @fgcity said:
    Very well,

Then are there any examples on recreating the same Realtime Graph as MetaBase as well as sending and logging the internal sensor data as well as the GPIO data? In essence is the source code for MetaBase available and are there any examples on how to recreate the same Realtime Graph as on MetaBase?

Yes, MetaBase source code is available on the hub. The cli instructions will point you to the directory.

https://mbientlab.com/tutorials/MetaHub.html#command-line-instructions

• edited April 2019

Thank you.

I searched for the GPIO commands in the Tutorial sections but couldn't find anything. Could you please point to the link where the commands are described? (code reference for GPIO's i mean)