unresponsive sensors

Hi all! I
I was hoping you could help me with an issue I'm currently having with two of my sensors. Unlike my other sensors, I cannot get these to connect to the Metabase app. They don't come up when searching for new devices. I have tried on both on my android phone as well as my iPad running the latest version of ios12. I initially went through the troubleshooting protocols on Saturday to no avail and tried them again today (Monday). When I opened the casing for one of the sensors it looked like the picture inserted. When I contacted support and showed them the picture, they informed me that this was normal? Although I cannot be sure. I have not opened the casing for any of the other sensors, so I cannot confirm whether the inside of the other sensor that is malfunctioning looks the same.

Thanks

• Kui

Comments

• @Kui said:
    Hi all! I
    I was hoping you could help me with an issue I'm currently having with two of my sensors. Unlike my other sensors, I cannot get these to connect to the Metabase app. They don't come up when searching for new devices. I have tried on both on my android phone as well as my iPad running the latest version of ios12. I initially went through the troubleshooting protocols on Saturday to no avail and tried them again today (Monday). When I opened the casing for one of the sensors it looked like the picture inserted. When I contacted support and showed them the picture, they informed me that this was normal? Although I cannot be sure. I have not opened the casing for any of the other sensors, so I cannot confirm whether the inside of the other sensor that is malfunctioning looks the same.

Thanks

• Kui

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fgflao1UiXXiYxzQQr-McmnvKChd2cG-

• edited September 2019

Why did you open the case? the sensors are glued in the case and you probably damaged it when you opened it. Now there is no analysis we can do on the original failure.

• I opened the case after having problems with the connectivity. I have two sensors that will not connect, and I only opened the one. So an analysis can still be done.

• edited September 2019

https://mbientlab.com/community/discussion/3167/how-to-report-an-issue#latest on the unopened sensor and post all of the steps including pictures of what worked/didn't work when following the troubleshooting guide.

• Board Information
    I'm uncertain because I cannot connect the sensors to the Metabase. If I were to make an educated guess based on the other sensors that were in shipped to me:

• Hardware revision [0.4]
    • Firmware revision [1.4.4]
    • Model number [5]

Host Device Information
    I've used 2:
    Device model [OnePlus 6T]
    OS version [Android 9 / security patch August 2019

Device model [2018 iPad Pro]
    OS version [iOS 12.4.1]

MetaBase
    Provide some app specific information such as:
    log outputs [none since I cannot connect the sensors ]
    app version [Android: v.3.4.2 updated 7 March 2019, iOS v.4.2.1 updated March 2019]
    No diagnostic information is available

Troubleshooting
    1. Charging - I connected the sensor to an AC power using the cable provided. I was charging other sensors in the same outlet which were all responsive. I also charged for more than 40 minutes.
    2. Reset and update - I could not perform this step because I cannot connect the sensors to the Metabase app
    3. Soft reset - this was also attempted, but the sensor is still unresponsive
    4. Hard reset - not attempted because I'm not a professional

• Use a newer iPhone (not an iPad), download the MetaBase app fresh from the app store.
    Try connecting to the MetaSensor again while it is plugged in (don't unplug it) to power. And get back to me.
    Provide photos and videos from now on.

• Tried on an iPhone (Xr, ios 12.4.1, newest version of Metabase), and still no response

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EPwk3AwrhFvVbDh3MD2v6bM5z44tJJVG/view?usp=sharing

• Does the nRF connect App work from Nordic?
    Did you also try the reset on that sensor?

• I tried the nRF connect app from Nordic, and the sensors do not appear
    I did try the soft reset option on this sensor. However, I did not attempt the hard reset because I'm not a professional.

• I apologize: I forgot to link the video of the nRF connect app
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FqDEpNUafvw1nFJZqZD6fIfltOn2bvC0/view?usp=sharing

• Thanks for everything you have provided. Can you please file a ticket: www.mbientlab.com/ticket